The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a few more rainbows so i made a spawning mop and put it in my community tank. Less then a week later theres eggs attached to it but i cant grow them in the there because they will just get eaten by the other fish.

If i move the mop in a big bucket with an air stone, will the eggs still hatch? I can see a black dot in the eggs already. A friend tells me i can add anti-fungus medicine to help.

I do have a breeding tank but its currently used.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Rainbow fry are tiny, need green water or the smallest size golden pearls to start out. I once has a couple of praecox eggs that came along in some live plants. Took months for them to grow large enough to ID, but since there were only 2 they found enough micro-critters among the plants until they were big enough for crushed flakes.
Any container that will hold a sufficient volume of water will work, I currently have white cloud fry growing out very well in a 5 gallon bucket with a few bits of Najas and some Salvinia.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.