The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would update my old thread on my mystery fish fry with this new one...
I'm thinking maybe Melanotaenia Splendida??

He's getting big!! Around 4 months now...

zoom in

Very blurry...but these are the second batch fry...growing :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay :proud:

Wish I had a better camera or understood the settings better on mine ;)
I'm planning on setting up a 30g breeder tank for these fishies and add some cories!
How many rainbows should I add to my group of 5 when i upgrade tanks?
Would you recommend any other fish buds with them?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! Can't wait to see those colors :hihi: The Turquoise Rainbowfish is very nice...do they ALL have dark colored tails? The reason why i suspect splendida is becuase of his spotted tail. Its yellow with red streak/spots. He's got a white belly with a blueish silver upper body. He's also got some sort of stripe/or checkered yellow effect on his body...like a little tiger :tongue:
I guess I'll find out soon enough! Now the next exciting part is to see what gender the three other fry are. The one in the photos is the older male, there's a female the same age as him but she's camera shy. She looks similar but with clear/light yellow fins. And then the three babies who are quickly catching up! Once I figure the gender ratios I can plan for how many more I need... 1M:2F?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.