The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Found some fish in a tank but none of the tags had anything to do with rainbow fish. They are still young so I'm not sure what kind they are. Guessing either celebes or pseudomugil. It was 50% off night so got 6 for $20. Sorry about the crapppy iphone pics.

Hood Automotive lighting Art Automotive design Glass

Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Art Automotive lighting

Water Liquid Fin Fluid Underwater

·
Registered
92 Posts
[STRIKE]I believe they're forktails...Pseudomugil furcatus...those bright blue eyes...[/STRIKE]

I don't think they're celebes, the fins aren't shaped right...
---
Nope, I'm wrong...I think they're actually Pseudomugil gertrudae, spotted blue eyes...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I don't think they are celebes, even young ones - I have those and adults look like this;

However your fish look like they have the beginnings of spots on the fins and blue eyes...

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
ya at first i thought they were furtcas to, but it looks more like Pseudomugil gertrudae. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think pseudomugil gertrudae is right. The dorsal fin on a few of the is pointed and the fins behind is spotted. I'll try to take some better pics tonight.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Almost looks like they are all females...

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is 2 or 3 that have pointy dorsal fins so I'm assuming they are male. Will take a pic in a few weeks if the colour up by then. Randomly searching google; "Pseudomugil sp Red Neon" looks the most like them at the moment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts