The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a cheap alternative to tie moss to mesh. Couldn't find any well priced ss mesh, but I did see some rain gutter screens at lowes today. If I used some metal scissors and cut them to size would it be ok? Would it affect my water quality at all? I don't know what the material is made out of.

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
If it is not high grade stainless I would not use it. Your best bet is to by 12x12 sheets of ss. I think H4N sells some.
Yup make sure its 316 ss mesh for the most anti-corrosive properties.

I got plently left !! :)

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
why is everyone so afraid of a little rust? what is it going to hurt? as long as it isn't chemically coated be it paint or powder coated or whatever the key word here is cheap and it will probably last for quite a while even if it does rust it isnt gonna simply desinigrate overnight. im assuming its gonna be tin maybe or aluminum and i wouldnt worry about it. plastic would be fine but the moss proabably wouldnt stick very well. hell if you wanted you could cut up some pop cans and weave it into a mesh.

then again i could be wrong but i dont see the harm in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.