The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that you have 4 angelfish & 12 neon tetras

How do keep the angels from eating your neons? Every time I buy a new batch of neons, they turn into $2 snacks.

JOhn ><>

·
Registered
888 Posts
How big are your angels?:smile: I had no problems mixing my large gold angels with the threadfin rainbows and neons since I have raised them from their juvenile stage but I moved the angels recently after having a go with my rams.

Pls note though that once the large angels become accustomed to living with small fish, they will not be considered as snacks however an introduction of new fish that will fit in their mouths will drive their instincts to consider those fish as snacks which in turn will drive them to eat their old tankmates as well.

Sorry to hijack your thread.:smile:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Body size about 3". Every batch was eaten, probably 25 in all. The only small fish that has survived is a glowlight, who was slightly larger than the neons.

·
Registered
888 Posts
What were the size of your neons?:eek5: You surprised me.:eek: I have 3 inches angels here for about 2 months and they didn't consume even the 2 cm cardinal I had introduced 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aren't Cardinals generally bigger than Neons? The typical neons are 3/4" or so.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Aren't Cardinals generally bigger than Neons? The typical neons are 3/4" or so.
Mine are still young hence the size 2 cm.:smile: Neons often reach to 3-4 cm max. The largest I had is 4 cm.:smile: Yours are still young.:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts