The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought during the last $1.00/Gal. sale (thank you!) haha all I ever purchase is sale tanks and dog food hehe. (waiting for the next sale LMAO)

More or less mineralized MGOCPS and Black Beauty Coal Slag.
Another chunk of big wood (Thanks Craig). Finally got around to hanging the light today.
Odyssea Quad, 4x39T5HO /8 lunar led's. Added wire to spread the bulbs so the 10K's are on both sides, a little solder, little heat shrink.
Still waiting on parts ordered for the filtration so running a backup HOB and my trusty sponged power head. :wink:

Too many dials, too many buttons but sure takes detailed pictures.

The new image voodoo box has the stuff but I'm stumbling at the moment.

Used a Sony for almost a decade but switched to Nikon. Just need to figure the damn thing out.
Tank is currently quarantine only with 50 Otocinclus catfish (otto's) added 8/16.
Dropped 12 but the 38 remaining are eating so hoping to be over the hump.

:fish:hi! I'm wkndracer and I'm a tankaholic lol.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
My nieghbor tossed out an old 20 (?) gallon tank with the chrome metal trim on all the corners and one broken pane of glass, behind my shed. I guess I should go and rescue the tank after all it would look really cool.

I shoot with an Olympus E3 but got better shots with my old POS Fuji with the tiny sensor, it took great macro shots.

So your going to breed Otocinclus???? You need to find a source for silicates, maybe a dip of some pantyhose with diatomaseous earth inside would do the trick.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh thank god. I was wondering when you were going to finally set up another tank!

More importantly, when are you going to update your sig?

Awesome, I love the look of the open top 40b not on a wall. I wish I would have picked one up on that sale. I was thinking I had to use it right away.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I shoot with an Olympus E3 but got better shots with my old POS Fuji with the tiny sensor, it took great macro shots.

So your going to breed Otocinclus???? You need to find a source for silicates, maybe a dip of some pantyhose with diatomaseous earth inside would do the trick.
Yeah the ol'Sony did OK for many years but I just wanted another aggravation I guess.

Not breeding these as my intent getting the 50. Just restocking my tanks as I prefer to keep 4-6 in each of my tanks.
Mike, when you come up, remind me to unload the rest of my tanks on you. LOL. By the way, looks pretty good, even with the pothos hanging out on top like that.
Those tanks are staying where they are! :icon_wink
Always picking on my plants :help: just come on down and teach me how to grow things LOL.
Thinking that leaving all the stems long allows the plant more opportunity to gather energy developing the new root structure within the stump. Once established the plants will be trimmed back and trained into covering the emerged stump (da' plan).
like the veggie hold do they come in 30" lenghts? Also that wood looks great in there. Craig
Thanks Craig, I think the tall stump will look good when things fill in making the tank.
I've been looking for a long one as well, with no luck.
Longest I can make is 27". A better option is a shorter one with a retrieval loop on the end. Then simply using a straight wire with a hooked end to pull it from the tank.
Plecoware easily holds down several inches of zucchini

Oh thank god. I was wondering when you were going to finally set up another tank!

More importantly, when are you going to update your sig?
Bwahahahaha! I Know! took forever didn't it? LOL
Only about 5 more to go hehehe

Agreed, the sig needs work too LOL

Tank note;
Received my other hardware yesterday and decided on how I'm setting it up getting everything plumbed in last night. The Otto losses stopped at -12 so 38 in tank and eating.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Far enough along I'm thinking to remove the HOB so it left.
Stocking is still light with just Otto's and three of my long fin albino.
Angel pair may be joining in this week. :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great; that's a lot of otos! I love those little guys. Please share the source of the Zucholder (c)... ie what is it made of?
I make them 316L :smile: have a thread in SnS listed these with the LFABN

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I love the fern. I wish I could find something like that locally, every store around here sells ferns where their rhizome is about this size ____ and has one leaf.

Oh, just to point the obvious out:hihi:, I think that your driftwood is sticking out the top of your tank a bit. LOL sorry, I had too I don't know why I've been wanting to say something about it. My original idea was to link a picture of a chainsaw like this:

Now, I will take my lame jokes back to my journal for now, but I'm always watching from the shrimp cave to drop a lame joke.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got 2 in the 40B

Yup! I like the tall stump too Bob. It's staying.
You can see the red eyes on my F2 in house zebras from across the room.
The tank grew a pair today. :hihi:

the 40b now has breeders

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
stuff always happens

Well it didn't take them long.
This tank went from new setup to quarantine of a failed miserably attempt to acquire a large group of Otto to a parent raising angelfish tank today.

Does the conversion to "parent raising angel tank" surprise anyone that reads my threads? LMAO
The zebra's went in on 9/11/11, spawned 9/19 and free swimming occurred about 11:30am today. I'm terrible at guessing group sizes but it's a moderate batch.

While my syntax is improving post op I'm still severely limited with my left arm in a full shoulder to wrist rigid splint. My full time home nurse returned to her day job Monday so I'm all alone wearing elastic waste-bands Bwahahaha.

My son is in school and I needed to modify the filter intake to protect the fry. Coulda shoulda woulda!!!!
The calendar clearly told us it would happen today. The 40B has a strong roiling flow with the suction and discharge on the same end.

Did suspense build for anyone reading the last paragraph? LOL
I managed to get a sponge on it :icon_mrgr

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.