The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get her with four other snails but there is no way that fifth( baby)snail could come from any of the other four!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
you mean none of the other snails were a tylo?
how long ago did you get all these 5 snails?
I am trying to confirm something. please help me out. this is curious if your snail did what you said.
(I breed tylos, and i think i have discovered something interesting too.)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's your question? All rabbit snails came about a month ago, I do believe the one pictured is the momma because she's about 2 inches long, the other four is under an inch.
Sorry if I puzzled you I just wanted to brag about my newborn!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
well in this case i think the female became pregnant before you got these and it slowly developed for roughly a month before being born. that or these snails are able to store sperm for some time. it is unlikely that a tylo under one inch is able to reproduce. so this happened in the tank of the seller (was it alphaprobreeders by any chance?)

If you were going to say that your other snails were a different species tylo (and adults, not juveniles) then I would argue that your female snail crossed with another species to make that baby. hybridization seems to be possible with tylos.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.