The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Aroid Addict
3,494 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I work at a pet store, and at least once a week I'll have some customer come in and want a common pleco or oscar for their 10g tank. When I try to explain that it won't work long term, I get the response "it's okay, the fish will probably be dead in two weeks anyway". I really don't understand why people waste their money like that.

I've also been laughed at when I told someone that a common pleco could live for 15 years. She was like "I've never had one live more than a couple months. You have no idea what you're talking about".

Anyway, point is, you're not the only one who doesn't understand people ;). There are some people that just don't care or don't want to learn. IME, the best thing you can do is to show them by example. After a couple months under your care, hopefully that betta will be fat and healthy, then you can show them just how nice fish can look when given the proper care.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.