The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I'm done with the atomic diffusers for my 75gallon tank. Can anyone recommend a silent Co2 reactor that is pre-built and I can purchase? Not looking for "it's so easy to build" here, just want to buy one - and need silence!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I've decided I'm done with the atomic diffusers for my 75gallon tank. Can anyone recommend a silent Co2 reactor that is pre-built and I can purchase? Not looking for "it's so easy to build" here, just want to buy one - and need silence!
Nicolg sells a few different reactors (same as the diy versions but they build them). The key to making a reactor quiet is low amounts of co2. Reactors a more efficient then diffusers so you won't need much. Start with 1 bubble a second for the 75 gallon and wait and see your ph drop. Go from there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Greenleaf Aquariums makes the best IMO
FWIW, the one Aqua Rocks Colorado sells is exactly the same and half the price. What flow pump do you use on yours? I have a Eheim pro 2 on mine which is only around 250 gph and had to modify it with an airstone since the flow was too low to prevent gas from building up at the top.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
FWIW, the one Aqua Rocks Colorado sells is exactly the same and half the price. What flow pump do you use on yours? I have a Eheim pro 2 on mine which is only around 250 gph and had to modify it with an airstone since the flow was too low to prevent gas from building up at the top.
6 months too late on that deal lol!

I have mine plumbed to an oase 600 and it runs silent. Haven't had any gas build up and I blast my co2 since I use a ph controller with it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.