The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an Aquatek Mini paintball co2 regulator, and im looking at getting a larger co2 tank, i found a 20lb tank on craigslist that i might get. i was wondering if there is an adapter to put my paintball regulator onto a standard co2 tank. i know people go regular tank regulator to a paintball tank all the time with an adapter, im just not sure if i can go the other way.

thanks guys!

-Sean

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
20lb tanks are hard to get refilled IMO. 10lb and below I have numerous places around my house and I used to have a welding supply store that would refill my 20lb for me but they stopped doing it for some reason. Finding places that produce their own CO2 is hard to find. I turned in my bottle and now "rent" a 20lb bottle for $20 a refill.

That adapter does not look like it will work to me. Your problem is why pb regulators are a waste of money IMO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The "adapter" you posted is just a replacement for the output on a standard paintball tank. It is not a CGA-320-cylinder to paintball-style-regulator adapter. If you've ever seen a standard CO2 tank you know the size isn't remotely similar. You need a regulator with a standard inlet fitting.

Here's your "adapter" in place.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I m not a hundred % sure... but I think you are out of luck.....
Be careful with what you doing... co2 burn is not nice...
I never heard of such adapter..... and that wouldn't be a standard tank... who is going to fill it for you? Better get a normal regulator

·
Registered
362 Posts
I m not a hundred % sure... but I think you are out of luck.....
Be careful with what you doing... co2 burn is not nice...
I never heard of such adapter..... and that wouldn't be a standard tank... who is going to fill it for you? Better get a normal regulator
+1 In the end you will be happier with a normal reg. I tried to find adapters as well but failed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts