The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering about Co2 in my tank. Right now its a 10g with just two mollies, some mongo grass and some dwarf hairgrass. it has a PFS substrate with floruish tabs through out. i was looking at making a diy Co2 reactor with a ocean spray bottle. I guess my question is, is it needed now or if not when? Also how can i control the amount going in i wouldnt want to fry the plants or the fish.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I use a 2 liter bottle but it is split between 2 tanks, 10 gallons each.
I have tried smaller bottles (16 oz?) but they were not very productive. I prefer the larger ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i set up a bubble counter with it (found plans for one) should i run a bubble a second or every 5? im planning on adding a lot of plants this week.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I built one for my dirted tank but didn't notice much of a difference I started using Flourish excel and saw a big improvement then I. did some research and started buying Metricide which has the same main ingredient Glutaraldehyde 2.5%. honestly that's more than double the dose of Excel so I water mine down and for $20+ dollars per gallon I personally think this is the easiest route. but I also have a dirted tank so plants pretty much do great no matter what I do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts