The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I posted a thread a few days ago about going today to buy a co2 system. I did a water change as suggested and realized I had misread the wattage on my t5ho lights. They are 42 watt not 78. So when you add all my lights together it comes up to 90 watts. Is that still considered high light on a 36 gallon? I figure once you allow for sand plants and wood its prob 3 watts per gallon. Im leaving in a cpl of hrs to pick up a co2 system is that still a good idea?
thanks
patrick

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Had a good conversation with Partobe today.

His main light is 2x24W T5HO, with individual bulb control. One bulb will be turned off, giving him medium light.

Although CO2 is optional at this lighting, he wants to give his plants the full benefit of CO2, so will be putting a pressurized system on order.

Several unsalvageable plants have been discarded, and will be replaced with appropriate selections for medium light.

And he's picking up some Flourish Nitrogen/Phosphorus/Potassium locally, in addition to the existing Comprehensive/Excel, to deal with nutrient deficiencies immediately; giving him time to look into other fertilization options without hurry.

Sounds like a plan to me. :) I look forward to seeing updates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.