The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I got a couple freebie trimmings in a shipment a while ago, and I was hoping you could ID them. The pics aren't focused very well; I was having more trouble than usual, I think because they're directly below the light.

The first one I think might be Staurogyne 'Bihar' although my tank is low-light, which could be why it looks different? The seller said that one of my trimmings was that, but I don't know which one got put where. I have it directly under the light, which could be why it's growing in low light, if that's what it is.

The last one I think might be Hygrophila 'Tiger'? It is that smaller one just in front of the other. If that's what it is though, I don't know why it's not doing better, since it's supposed to do well in low light.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Did you get thes from cris? I think the top one is bihar. I got it from him. And the bottom one looks like tiger. Tiger seemed to enjoy really high light. Otherwise it'd die back really hard.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get thes from cris? I think the top one is bihar. I got it from him. And the bottom one looks like tiger. Tiger seemed to enjoy really high light. Otherwise it'd die back really hard.
Yup, got them from him, but then forget which clipping was which, and I know at least one of them didn't make it, so I was wondering what I was left with.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. Does it look like it's doing okay? According to what I've read I shouldn't have enough light for it . . .
It seems pretty green and healthy, and the newer leaves are even orange/reddish, but it doesn't look anything like the pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Bihar in high light will grow pinnate and purple/brown/red leaves. I suspect that your plant is fine and has adapted pretty well. Most staurogynes are pretty indiscriminate with their light preferences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.