The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all

I thought I would follow proper internet etiquette and introduce myself (and my setup,) before bombarding the lot of you with questions :proud:

I'm relatively new to this addictive little hobby, having purchased my first tank ( a 15g column) when my wife and I purchased our first house a year ago.

I can't believe how quickly I fell in love with the little thing. It was a helluva learning curve starting a small tank from scratch, a lot of sacrificial fish along the way, but that brings us to today: my 55g long. (Purchased used for $75! Came with stand, lights, buckets of chemicals, etc.)

Current inhabitants (many of which came from the original tank,) include an ever-increasing population of guppies, my reliable school of 7 neons, several snails of varying species/sizes and my dwarf pufferfish. My username was based on him: not a thinly veiled drug reference lol

A few quick cell-phone pics below! (The puffer is in the foreground on the last pic...)

Looking forward to exploring the forum!

Matt

Water Plant Plant community Green Fish supply

Plant Vertebrate Organism Terrestrial plant Grass

Plant Underwater Leaf Water Botany

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
You're not related to Piff and Steve by any chance, are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"Low maintenance plants" lmao

Not nearly as impressive as most of the setups I've seen on here, but I really wanted to master fish-keeping before taking things to the next level! Just gathering a little more info before taking the plunge...

Thanks for the warm welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.