The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the zoomed 501 takes 8/10mm tubing, does anyone know if there are any quick disconnects that would fit this? Or could I purchase tubing adapters to a larger tubing size for eheim 12/16mm quick disconnects?
I'm sick of having to remove the in/outflow from my tank every time I have to clean the filter.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Those look good to me, but I can't promise anything. I bought some of these (I think) http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=6917&product_id=8429 a while back. I never used them much, so I can't really endorse these either. They worked fine on the few test runs I gave them.

I had to call them to make sure I was ordering the right size and parts. They were helpful on the phone. Shipping was a bit late, but I got exactly the parts I needed. I do recommend the company. Browse the rest of the site if you have time. Lots of good stuff there.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get the shut off version or straight through? I assume that the shut off version would stop the water from draining, correct?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Well, the ones I have shut off the water supply (from both ends) when disconnected. I guess they're the 'shut off' version. I wish I could help you more here, but I bought these a long time ago. I don't really remember anything about the order.

I dug them out of their hiding places today. They're quality parts. I did notice one thing about them that might not be good. The mechanism that stops the flow is controlled by a small metal spring. I assume it's rust resistant. The springs could maybe eventually trap debris also. I do remember customer support telling me they would work fine for my application; which was similar to yours. I really don't know if any of this will be a problem. I still plan to use them someday.

I've seen other types of disconnects that don't have springs. I imagine usplastic.com carries some without. If the springs bother you, discount the ones I bought. Hopefully they can point you in the right direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts