The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to order plants tonight, so I can get tank cycling and whatnot asap. So much easier to plant tank empty (210 gallon)

Really rough outline, so don't be harsh.

Lighter green in front - dwarf sag.

Weird green in rear - Jungle vals, including some red ones

dark green center plant - Amazon or rose sword (XL),

red - red crypts

Possibly anubias or giant anubias on drisftwood

I want to add either java ferns and/or anubias. Maybe some more, so please, feel free to express ideas.

I will be adding java moss, just haven't decided where.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I like your layout, but would go with larger patches of red. Not any more, 2 patches is great, but get more plants in each patch.
Maybe also bring the ground cover plants closer to the front.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, yes, I plan on breaking up the red crypts and spreading just a bit. The dwarf sag isn't too far away from the front, and on the sides will be close to if not touching the front. The pic is hard to tell, but the driftwood is more towards the center of the tank, but closer to the back than front. I was planning on leaving plenty of room for a thick val background, but still have room for inhabitants to go behind the driftwood too. I might move the driftwood on the right side back just a little bit more, but one of my intakes is right there, and want to leave a little space around it from the vals. The far left piece is actually a V, and quite large, and the piece right beside it is helping hold it in place. No room to go back there.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Very impressive driftwood!

The Vals will grow all over the place, unless you are diligent about root pruning. Get it going wherever you want it and let it spread.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx!

I am planning on using some type of substrate divider, to keep some of the plants in check. (Vals, dwarf sag, and crypts) I still want them to spread, but not everywhere. To do any work in this tank, you do it during the w/c, and back is extremely hard still. Hoping this will make maintenance a lot easier, plus keeping things from mashing together will be more pleasant to look at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts