The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dose dry in my 20 gal. 1/2 a tsp. once per wk. @ waterchanges..

12 gal. 1/4 tsp. once per wk. @ waterchanges.

Does this sound about right for a High lit Planted Tank??

STill learning on this....

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I tend to add 1/2 to 1 tsp in my 46g after a 50% water change. So, your levels are similar to mine. I try to get my PO4 around 1 and my NO3 around 10.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i hadnt thought about that before, but water changes actually would take some of the still-present K out of the water. my current calculations have me adding 20ppm of K per week @ ~7ppm 3x each week. If I am doing 3 30% water changes a week (for my Discus), i should be adding more, correct? my water change schedule is on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and one of Saturday/Sunday. Do you think the plants consume the K fast enough that just adding 1/3 after each water change is fine? Or should I make up for the additional amount lost?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Overall I think you are dosing a little to much of the K2S04 for a 20g,
Need to find the balance based on your light>C02>nutrients,water volume & plant mass, higher the light=more C02=more KN03 etc.

How much "hight lite" are you talking?

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
WOW!!! Seems just a little much!!!

My tank is a 40 gal.

I mix my KNO3 and K2SO4 by adding 2T to 200ml water in individual bottles so I can add seperate. Then from this mixture I would, when I don't have any measurable KNO3, add 20mls of KNO3 to get 5ppm of nitrates. Then I would add double the amount of the K2SO4 mixture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts