The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am receiving some of these guys ( 15 total) very soon ( Shipment ) and was wondering,
a couple of things:
2 tanks involved here. 4.5 gallon cube and a 10 gallon both Planted w/ CO2 ferts, etc..
The 10 gallon, for additional flow and better distribution of CO2, I've added the smallest Hydor Koralia Nano pump in there. BUT, I've heard something to the point of " That might be too much flow rate for these guys.. Maybe I should pull it. I also have an Eheim Canister running on it and maybe should just stick with it.. The 4.5 nano just has a little hang on filter on it "
Red Sea Nano filter and flow is fine I believe for that tank.
Here are the Tanks Pictured...

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful tanks! I have chili rasboras and have never had an issue with the current being too much for them. I have had some get past my pre-filter sponge and get sucked up into an hob, though.
Thanks first off for the kind words ! I've heard something to the effect of their Coloration
not as good in higher currents ? Also, I have a sponge on my intake since I have CRS..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have nothing to add here about currents & chili rasbora, but when I scrolled through your pictures, I said out loud, "Man, those are beautiful." You should post some pics of your tanks after you get the chili rasbora in them. I can see it now! Striking red fish in front of a striking green landscape.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I LOVE your tanks the the chillies will look awesome in them. Please, please, please post a pic when they settle in to the tanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words for starters here ! I just got them in. I could only get 15 of them in stock. Several didn't make the trip . Heat pack was in though..
I'll post picts soon..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow very nice set ups! Do you have build threads for these or specs somewhere? Would love to have a look-see! I have 30 of these lil guys in my 9 Gallon Eheim Aquastyle with just the stock filter. I think the bio load is pretty negligible and besides you probably do water changes with your fert regime anyways right? So no worries in that regards. As for flow, it'll probably be comprable to the corner filer i have in my aquastyle. Looking forward to pic updates and please post specs of your tanks! Ferts, lighting, plants etc. :p

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I currently don't have any additional threads on these tanks. They are currently going through transitions now and Thank you all for the Kind Words btw !!
Really just Working with the LEDs now "Finnex" and dosing Dry Ferts along with Pressurized CO2...

Wow very nice set ups! Do you have build threads for these or specs somewhere? Would love to have a look-see! I have 30 of these lil guys in my 9 Gallon Eheim Aquastyle with just the stock filter. I think the bio load is pretty negligible and besides you probably do water changes with your fert regime anyways right? So no worries in that regards. As for flow, it'll probably be comprable to the corner filer i have in my aquastyle. Looking forward to pic updates and please post specs of your tanks! Ferts, lighting, plants etc. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.