The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of going with auto dosing,and have run across a lot of diy threads with ebay/generic pumps.
I would like to have the pumps in my stand, but I dont know the best way to plumb them in.
How much lift can these pumps generally handle? I would have about a 3 foot head if I run from the pump to the top of the tank.

I am looking for a simple setup, but if I have to plumb in a pvc manifold on the canister filter output, I will.

Any tips/suggestions are very welcome :)

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
These chinese auto dose is pretty cheap.
On eBay: for Jebao DP3 Programmable Auto Dosing Pump 3 Channel Pumpheads 100-240V ZVQU298

You don't have to mess around with an arduino or buy a timer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention that I have an arduino uno running for the current sat+ lights. I have 2 tanks, about 8' apart, separated by a doorway. I would like to run 6 pumps total, from a central location, but I have no idea if these pumps can push aprox 12',either up and over the doorway, or across the floor and up to the tank top.

·
Registered
373 Posts
On eBay: for Jebao DP3 Programmable Auto Dosing Pump 3 Channel Pumpheads 100-240V ZVQU298

I've been looking at these but read that you can't program it to dose on alternate day? Basically it would dose the same amount of each every day. Which doesn't work for EI dosing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Do you have any experience with this unit?
I am also curious of the timer functions. I dose with the PPS-Pro system, and excel daily.
It looks decent enough for my needs, and getting 2 would simplify things too.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I don't have experience with the jebao but dosing every day shouldn't be a problem with any method.

For ei, just half you daily dose and stagger the time between macro and micro, for instance, dose macro in the morning and micro at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can ei dose every second day with the jebel, you just need to be creative, i have mine on alternate days at 6 o'clock pm every second day. A lot of guys, like myself set macros at 23.59 and micros at 00.01, on every second day, so Monday just after mid night micros. Monday just before mid night macros come on, Tuesday nothing Wednesday repeat of Monday and so the cycle continues, each dose almost 24 hours apart. If you want to change the time of day use the jb method, change the time on the clock, my clock is 6 hours fast, the pumps come on at 6 pm , right when I want them to. Only prob is at 6 and clock says 12, apart from that minor detail you're ei dosing on a cheap pump when you want

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.