The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wondered why shrimp labeled as "blue rili" looked identical to red rili in multiple sales threads.

It's said that a blue rili is a red rili with blue tint in midsection.

Is there no true blue rili where head and tail is blue?
What of this blue bodied red rili? Are they basically the same shrimp but the lower grade is labeled blue rili?
And what a bout carbon rilis where the blue is a common thing? Would it be carbon rili, low grade dream blue (blue tint), then actual blue dreams/dream blue?

Wish these variations were more officially labeled world wide.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hard to say the who's rili strain is true blue rili some claim carbon Rilis low grade are blue Rilis getting u quality shrimp but not the strin you want. Some claim red with blue are blue rili. Some claim blue diamond are blue Rilis. But as I have seen only one strain so far. It has a blue velvet head but a pearl body.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I so totally understand your question. LOL The whole rili thang has been bastardized. It used to mean pigmented head/tail with tissue midsection. Now it can mean almost anything.

Here's how I categorize them.

Blue rili= all blue tissue shrimp.

BBRR (Blue Bodied Red Rili)= Red Rili with blue tissue in the middle

Classic Blue Rili= Blue pigment head/tail, blue tissue middle.

Carbons have not been separated into two strains that I know of. (If I'm incorrect, someone please educate me). The Carbon Rilis I got when they first came out have thrown both. I've tried to separate the clear middle from the blue middle, but my carbon genes are apparently so intertwined that it hasn't worked for me. I lately have heard there is a clear middle strain that breeds true though.

Dream Blues, as far as I know, are blue tissued carbons that have been selected for deepest blue color.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
i had a few pop up that were clear with blue head and tail but they didnt breed that way and they came from my red rili and were few and far between

1 - 4 of 4 Posts