The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Pulling out the worms WILL cause damage if they're still attached to the intestines, but if they're all dead, it should be ok.

I have a current infestation of these worms in my tank and I was wondering if it's okay to treat a planted tank with this medication, or will it kill plants? Thanks for any advice!

· Registered
269 Posts
Thanks, I think I'll have to treat my whole 55 gallon, as probably all the fish are affected. I only saw it on the angels at first, but now its starting to be visible on my gouramis too. Can't see anything on cardinal and green fire tetras. The platies are starting to scrape against gravel, though no worms are visible, I think this is a possible symptom?

Everyone is a voracious eater and the angels were breeding until recently...but now it seems like they're staring to eat less, so I really need to get this medication in quickly. I already run the filter w/o carbon, I just need to pick up the Levamisole on my next visit to the closest LFS which is 90 minutes away.

· Registered
269 Posts
Ok, so I finally made it to the LFS, and unfortunately they can't any Levamisole because it is apparently used as a cutting agent by cocaine dealers, and so its all being bought out.

I am able to order it from a veterinarian in town...its called LevaMED which is 90% levamisole hcl and 10% is filler, but I don't know what it is. Anybody have experience with this med? I could also order 100% Levamisole HCl powder online. However I can get 52 grams of the LevaMED from my vet for the same price as 10 grams of Levamisole online. Anyone have any input on this? I'm pretty sure the LevaMED is fish safe, but would like to hear from someone who's actually used it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.