The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any portable version of Reverse Osmosis System to use in NYC apartment?

I found this

Don't know if this is good 1.

Your thoughts...

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link...Seems like its a complicated one...need something simple as I suck DIY and some thing portable will be ideal ...set it and forget it~

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
As mentioned above the bulk reef supply systems are awesome.

Why do you need what you are calling "portable" that means that you can take it places easily. I don't think that's what you are wanting since you said you suck at DIY I'm thinking you just need an easy one to install.

Where are you planning on installing it?

I am lucky enough to have an actual water spiggett in my basement like you would have outside and you would connect a hose to when watering plants. So with mine I just screw the filter intake onto that. Here is what mine is connected to it's water source with.

I think most people are not that lucky and have to tap into their cold water line with something like this.

Most RO systems come with both. Here are the two best filter systems IMO and also IMO and IME if your going to get a system you need to not cheap out and get a proper one once and be done with it.

This is almost exactly like what I'm using. It's just the updated version of it.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-standard-system.html

If I sold mine and got another one this is what I would get. It even has a dual TDS sensor so you can put one Pre RO membrane and one after the membrane. To see when the filters need to be changed, a great feature!

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-plus-system.html

Either one would make even the hardest water from the tap to 0ppm TDS.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice write up Bsmith...still confused...
Portable meaning not taking lots of space and easily removable when not used..1.like the drinking faucet water filter...$ is not issue, wanna install in under the sink in bath room where water from my tanks goes out...again this is for NYC apartment...can't drill holes here and there..To simplify, this is what I'm looking for...

That goes to faucet easily in and out..use when needed...unscrew when not in use..and can use hose directly to fill tank....using connector.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
You could get an adaptor for your faucet so you can use the type that I use. The only problem with doing something like that though is that since RO filtration is a pretty slow process you would need to turn it on way before you planned on using it. Then you would also need a vessel in which to store the water after it is filtered.

Are you wanting to use it for drinking water and tanks or just tanks?

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drinking water and perhaps tanks..sucking part is that I have to use vessel to store water which mean more space....if I ever decide to use in tanks than I'm...as I will be using for all 50+ gal tanks..

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
I think this system would be best for you.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-drinking-water-system.html

It has a pressurized drinking water tank and all you would need to do is turn a switch to re-route the product water (what the water is called after being filtered) to a vessel of your choice to store it for tank use.

I don't know your house layout but what I would do is set this up under a sink somewhere and then just get enough of the tubing and run it wherever you would want to keep the water storage vessel. This could go anywhere.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks for the link...Seems like its a complicated one...need something simple as I suck DIY and some thing portable will be ideal ...set it and forget it~
If you're referring to my link, it just screws in to the end of your faucet when you want to use it. Has 2 hoses coming out, one is your filtered water, the other is the "rejected" water. Just put the clean hose in your water container and point the rejected water to your drain.

When you're done, just unscrew it from your faucet and pack it in your closet or wherever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.