The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 35 tall and will be putting spotted climbing perch or African leaf fish in there. they love thick planted tanks and mostly stay in the lower part of the tank. i want something to take the mid to upper level but it cant be small enough to be eatin by the perch since it is carnivorous. and im hopeing i can find something off the beatin path u know different. ty for ur help and advise. \
ps i have looked on aquabid but they really dont say if the fish is a bottom mid or top dweller.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it has like 10 names lol but yep thats the fish. im geting my 35 pretty dence but not to crazy hopefully enough where they will be happy i want 2 in there. just need something for the mid to upper levels of the tank

·
Registered
760 Posts
It doesn't have to be too dense. I catch mine in the open quite a bit, although they do like places to hide. Mine also swim at all levels of the tank. They seem to love the jungles vals and the large anubius.

As far as tank mates, peaceful fish that do not fit into their mouths.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't have to be too dense. I catch mine in the open quite a bit, although they do like places to hide. Mine also swim at all levels of the tank. They seem to love the jungles vals and the large anubius.

As far as tank mates, peaceful fish that do not fit into their mouths.

oh very cool yes i have vals in there and few other tall plants and for the front im geting dwarf sags for the front. so how many do u think could fit comfortably in a 35 tall?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

i looked at those but i think they were brackish water fish if i remember correctly. i searched aquabid today and saw them. something about them made me think they werent suitable for my setup. i also excluded half beaks, 4 eyes and archers.
side note when my common snapper gets a pond in the back yard my 180 will become a archer tank :bounce:

·
Registered
558 Posts
i dont think butterflies are brackish from what i have read, ive never kept them myself though. They would go well with your setup with an african leaf fish seeing as how they are both from africa hehe, and they are off the beaten path yeh archers and 4 eyes are brackish i belive, however i think there are soem brackish halfbeaks and freshwater halfbeaks. good luck dude

1 - 10 of 10 Posts