The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for information on dosing Plantex CSM+B, but I couldn't find much. I mixed it usind the instructions on www.gregwatson.com, but I don't really know how much to add to my tank. The solution is 1 tablespoon of Plantex CSM+B and 1 tablespoon of Magnesium Sulfate in 1/2 litre of water. The tank I need to add it too is a heavily planted 20 gallon long with high light, co2, and I'm already dosing N-P-K. I just need to know about how much and how often for dosing the Plantex solution.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
1/2 litre=500 ml+2 Tbs CSM. I use 250 ml bottles to keep my mix as fresh as possible, mixing 1 Tbs per 250 ml....
I would not mix the Mg with the trace, dose that dry about 1 Tsp weekly at water change for your 20g.
I do not know how you dose your N P K but I dose my macro's on opposite days I dose micro's for instance"

day1) 50% water change, clean filter(I clean filter every two weeks),dose N P K Mg.
day2)dose trace CSM+B 4 to 5ml/ and iron.
day3) dose N P K again
day4) same as day2
day5) same as day3
day6) same as day2
day7) same as day1

Hope that helps and answer's your question... :cool:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actual solution I have is 83.5 ml of water +1/2 tsp Plantex CSM+B + 1/2 tsp Magnesium Sulfate. First of all, am I correct in assuming that I want a target level of about 0.1 ppm of iron? If so would adding 4.03 ml of this solution seem like a correct calcutation?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts