The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting a 75 Gallon (bottom drilled, with overflow) to freshwater
...Although it is overkill, I like what I have been reading about the FX6...Can someone tell me if they think their hose bracket(s) that goes over the rear of the tank would expand enough to accommodate the lip of a hood lid as well as the tank..Approx 3"...?? if not, does anyone see any issues connecting to the pvc thru the bulkheads with gate valves from underneath with the overflow in place..?

·
Registered
625 Posts
The hose brackets were a tight fit just for the tank lip, they have loosened some but not enough to expand 3 inches no way there . You could connect to the pvc the ribbed hose that comes with the fx6 only has one end with the rubber piece permanently attached to it so you would need to glue the other end or use vinyl hose, its just under a 1" iner diameter.
You could connect to the over flow and bulk head however that will affect your flow rate not sure how much or if enough to impair any flow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hose brackets were a tight fit just for the tank lip, they have loosened some but not enough to expand 3 inches no way there . You could connect to the pvc the ribbed hose that comes with the fx6 only has one end with the rubber piece permanently attached to it so you would need to glue the other end or use vinyl hose, its just under a 1" iner diameter.
You could connect to the over flow and bulk head however that will affect your flow rate not sure how much or if enough to impair any flow.
Thanks Aguy..perhaps some sorta DIY bracket over the top may work for me, until I figure out thru the bulkhead scheme...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could cut up the fx6 bracket and it might fit but thats a hard way to find out
Looks like I may have to hook the hoses to my bulkhead fittings and make my overflow obsolete, but keep it in place...Im not even sure the 18" girth of the unit can be manipulated thru a 17" cabinet door :icon_excl

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks like I may have to hook the hoses to my bulkhead fittings and make my overflow obsolete, but keep it in place...Im not even sure the 18" girth of the unit can be manipulated thru a 17" cabinet door :icon_excl
I think you will just make it thur the door ,but only one way to find out , killer filter well worth any headache to hook up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you will just make it thur the door ,but only one way to find out , killer filter well worth any headache to hook up

Well I bought it...and it fits fine..!! Thanks !!:smile:

I saw a youtube today that a fella hooked up his FX5 to the bulkhead fittings but it seems his overflow evaporates much quicker than the tanks and causes the noise Im trying to get away from....and could damage the pump if it goes dry...Says 2-3 inches daily

1 - 7 of 7 Posts