The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to a planted aquarium. Loving it so far and everyday I keep learning something new. Can anyone explain to me why pearling of plants slow down after the water becomes about 1 week old, even though I have a co2 injection system? I'm using a nano diffuser I got from ebay and it breaks down the bubbles really well. Anyway, I did a water change today and the plants are pearling like crazy. I think it's really neat and would like an explanation behind this. Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What you are seeing is likely the tap water degassing, not the plants pearling. Tap water since it is under pressure has a lot of dissolved gas and once in the tank releases that gas, causing plants to "pearl".

And plants will only pearl if they are given the ideal growing conditions(light, ferts, CO2) so what is your fertilizing and lighting situation?

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
What you are seeing is likely the tap water degassing, not the plants pearling. Tap water since it is under pressure has a lot of dissolved gas and once in the tank releases that gas, causing plants to "pearl".

And plants will only pearl if they are given the ideal growing conditions(light, ferts, CO2) so what is your fertilizing and lighting situation?
If it slows down a week after adding new water, I would guess there is a fert in that new water. The CO2 should out gas in a few hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts