The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the approximate deminsions of the different sizes? i'm mainly inquiring about the small and medium sizes. thank you.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I haven't bought any myself, but I know that Jeff of ADG has been known to spend an unusually long amount of time helping customers select individual pieces of wood. I'd suggest e-mailing him with the dimensions of your tank and what kind of general arrangement you're trying to create (branchy, caves, etc.).

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i shot him an email earlier this morning but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. hopefully i will hear back from him tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have some in my tank sizes medium and small. I have a 15 gallon tank 12" high and all three pieces fit just fine. The wood looks great, and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cmcnulty, is it possible for you to guess the approximate sizes of the two?

·
Registered
15 Posts
driftwood pics

Sizes may vary but my pieces are about 10" to 15" long, but there are many different irregular pieces. A steep price to pay for wood, but very good looking. Being pre-treated is always a bonus too.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are those just individual "sticks"? i thought they looked more like what is in the picture.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I also emailed aquaforest asking for the size, but no answer yet. Those pieces of driftwood kind of look ugly. Do they have branchy wood? Or is it just sticks/stump looking etc?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also emailed aquaforest asking for the size, but no answer yet. Those pieces of driftwood kind of look ugly. Do they have branchy wood? Or is it just sticks/stump looking etc?
i emailed them yesterday morning and still have not gotten a response. yes, the ones in that picture look stumpy/sticky. lol. i thought they were more like the ones in the ada photos.

·
Registered
706 Posts
you need ask for branchy type pieces. i have a bunch from Jeff and he is good about getting something close to what your looking for. the small pieces are maybe 10" long and mine are branchy but more like a tree stump with the roots as that is what i asked for for my nano tanks. if ADG is out there is also Aquaforest in SF.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My tank is very small, so there aren't too many exciting choices. Also the pictures are very low quality and they were taken from a tank I am taking down. Since the driftwood is so small its obvious they wont look as good as the ones in the picture will. I did get them from aquaforest, and after looking at many different pieces those were the ones I liked best. Now I would have rather gotten a"branchier" looking piece, but I liked the dark look of this wood too much. I definitely don't think they are ugly, but with the experience I have now I would choose a diiferent type. Too each their own :icon_bigg

Also the pieces were originally placed in close proximity were they looked much better, but in an all honesty those are some pretty horrid pictures. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts