The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if when you check the color is the test tube supposed to be resting on the chart or hovering above it? Sitting on it looks like it is in its own shadow and the density is noticeably different. I am looking through the top, not the side.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Resting on the chart. The meniscus can make it difficult to get a good view. You can spray some silicone lubricant into the test vial, then wipe it out, to greatly reduce the meniscus. this will last for many tests, at which point, you can then do it again. If you are using Profi test, as opposed to the freshwater test, you can also look through the side of the vial and divide the reading by ten. I prefer the Profit test to the freshwater test. They use same chemistry.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll try that. I also might need to find a better place to view the test. I also was running low on a couple of reagents, so I bought a new API master kit. So I can compare the API and the Salifert test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.