The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How sensitive are the RCS to flourish excel? I have put 2 batches in and have lost both after 24 hrs. I had good luck with the first amanos I put in the tank but am just about finished with the RCS.
Brian

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You mean CRS, not RCS. CRS=crystal red shrimp, RCS=red cherry shrimp. I've dosed excel with my CRS before and had no problems, but I do not dose it regularly. What are your other water parameters like? How long has the tank been setup?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean CRS, not RCS. CRS=crystal red shrimp, RCS=red cherry shrimp. I've dosed excel with my CRS before and had no problems, but I do not dose it regularly. What are your other water parameters like? How long has the tank been setup?
Red cherry shrimp sorry!..I does with the exsel every day anmonia and nitrites are 0 and my nitraties are 20...I do weakley water changes oin the tank and the tanks been running 3 months ..almost 4..the first batch i put in was with the tank 1 months old and the other was when it was around the 3 months stage
B

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My cherrys don't mind excel either. Unless you were overdosing the excel was probably not the cause of death. Are you getting them from a fish store or another hobbyist?
1st batch was from a hobbyist and they where small I thought my danios got them. The second batch was from a store and they dint make it either.
Brian

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have red crystals and blue shrimp, both surrived my recent overdosing of excel. ( I have algae issues) and also didnt read the label right so i did 2 big doses for my 7 gallon tank. but everyone seems fine. its been almost a week since i started adding excel regularly to my shrimp tank.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have red crystals and blue shrimp, both surrived my recent overdosing of excel. ( I have algae issues) and also didnt read the label right so i did 2 big doses for my 7 gallon tank. but everyone seems fine. its been almost a week since i started adding excel regularly to my shrimp tank.
There are no red crystal shrimp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.