The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator for my 10 gal shrimp tank. I dont like the nylon washer and brass 'connector configuation. It seems as if none of the perma-seals will work with the MA957. I went to get a brass CGA connector (like on a welders set-up) but the connector pipe on the regulator is threaded on the inside and this is not standard to the CGA connector. I really dont want to use a new nylon washer each time I have to put the regulator back on to the tank.
What do you othe Milwaukee owners use?

.......also this regulator is a PITA to set up and keep consistent......

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wanted a connector like the one in the link (link showing for type of tip only)except with a female nut. I dont believe what I am looking for will thread into the regulator as the regulator appears to have a male tap and not female as on my MedTech regulator.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What you are looking at will not attach to a standard CO2 bottle.

As Hoppy stated, you need a stem with a CGA320 fitting. That would be the female attachment you have mentioned.
I know as I stated it was not the correct connector nut but the tip is what I want. However, the opposite end is not the same as on the Milwaukee either.

This is another type of tip (in the link below) (it is not shown correctly as it has a hose barb fitting instead of a threaded fitting). They make them for CO2. No gasket required.
http://www.airgas.com/browse/product.aspx?Msg=RecID&recIds=30944&WT.svl=30944

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been using one for 9 years on my 75. Threaded one one end into the regulator and the 'bulb' type connector on the other where the connector nut is a female type to go onto the male type connector on the CO2 bottle.

As I said the link does not showthe correct type pipe but the bulb end style I'm looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.