The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have little green spots of algae growing on the front panel of my tank. It is only on the front and no where else. It is really hard to remove. My otos and mollies can't get it off. What could be causing it and how do I get rid of it?

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I have the same problem, but the more vigilant i am at removing it, the less of it keeps coming back. every two weeks i use a cheap exfoliating sponge to patiently scape off the green dots mostly from the front glass. i suppose the front gets it most as that side gets additional ambient light from the room and windows of your home. if you get a UV, run it the first 24 hours after scraping the algae off so the UV kills most water borne cells before they get a change to reattach back on to your glass.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently had some GSA and started adding some KH2PO4 as danepatrick mentioned. So far, it seems to work well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Oh good god I found this thread. I've been dying from cleaning the glass of GSA every week or so and I hope this will solve the problem! I've been getting ready to give up and throw in the bucket, but there is hope!

Would the UV be necessary? Or is simply increasing the KH2PO4 dosage sufficient? I really don't want to spend anymore money than I have to but, if it will get rid of this ******* GSA, I may consider gathering some funds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts