The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear, this will be the last of my series of threads of co2 questions lol.

So, what are the purposes of the different sizes? Is a larger diffuser better for a larger tank or is it a moot point? My tank is a 75 so not sure what size would be the best.

Also, while in the subject of GLA, I saw that they have a brass seal for the regulator. Now, I have a regular little one for now, but would it be a good idea to invest in just having a brass one? I didn't know the nylon or plastic or w/e would have to be replaced every time the tank is filled. Just wondering cause even though my tank won't be filled after the first filling for about a year, its just good to make little invests I think.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
I swear, this will be the last of my series of threads of co2 questions lol.

So, what are the purposes of the different sizes? Is a larger diffuser better for a larger tank or is it a moot point? My tank is a 75 so not sure what size would be the best.
Larger ceramic discs have a larger surface area, meaning that they can handle more gas (pressure).

With larger aquariums, you will need to be injecting more gas (higher pressure); with smaller ceramic diffusers, there can only be so much gas that can come out of the ceramic disc pores at any given time.

Also, while in the subject of GLA, I saw that they have a brass seal for the regulator. Now, I have a regular little one for now, but would it be a good idea to invest in just having a brass one? I didn't know the nylon or plastic or w/e would have to be replaced every time the tank is filled. Just wondering cause even though my tank won't be filled after the first filling for about a year, its just good to make little invests I think.
Are these the permaseals? I never ended up buying one, and just keep on using the nylon washers everytime I take off my regulator.

When you go to refill your CO2 cylinder, if you ask, they will usually throw in some extra washers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.