The Planted Tank Forum banner

Question about Dwarf Sag.

1198 16
What's the tallest that Dwarf Sag could grow?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
IME, in my 10G with 2 CFL 13W bulbs, they grow small and carpet-like. In my 25G 16" High tank with 4 T5HO bulbs, they started getting really long. Reached the surface and then flowered - small white flowers. Its the exact same batch in the 2 tanks but way different growths.

· Registered
504 Posts
I have some that reach almost 10". I swear they have some Val in them :)

You can trim the leaves. They will just yellow and decay like others have stated. Better to pluck em.

· Plant Whisperer
2,547 Posts
Tall, I've had a few leaves reach the top of my 24" 90g tank. Depends on lighting and other conditions. Old plants grow longer leaves as well, new plants stay small (under 6 inches) for a few weeks.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IME, in my 10G with 2 CFL 13W bulbs, they grow small and carpet-like. In my 25G 16" High tank with 4 T5HO bulbs, they started getting really long. Reached the surface and then flowered - small white flowers. Its the exact same batch in the 2 tanks but way different growths.
I just setup a 10G tank that is dirted and with 2 CFL 13W bulbs. I just want to make sure, but is 2x13W bulbs okay for low tech?

I am growing Ludwigia Repens, Java Fern, and Anubia Nana Petite. Here is a picture of my tank.

· Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I have a bunch of these in my 75 gallon. The leaves will not stop growing really. I routinely have them reach the surface of the tank and then grow sidways. I cut them all the time and they always grow back. Sometimes I cut ones at the surface down to about 6 inches. I've had the same group growing in my tank for a couple years now. Grow, cut, repeat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.