The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this website that seems to be selling used regulators for some pretty cheap prices, not sure if this website is even legit so I thought I'd get a second opinion from the good folks at the planted tank! Also, I'm not even sure if this regulator would work so some confirmation would be nice. :icon_smil

http://www.labrecyclers.com/product.html?InventoryID=2510

The model listed is 7-0155 which I can't find any info about except that maybe it was an old part number for the VTS-253A-320 model. Can someone here confirm that this regulator would work? As far as I know, at least the CGA 320 connector is correct for CO2.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Looks alright, just ask them if it is a dual stage. I am pretty sure they may have got the model number wrong. It looks like a 253.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks legit and may be a great resource to our hobby, nice find!

I'm not sure if it's a co2 specific regulator but as you already know the fitting wod work for our apication.

How much do they want for it and have you tried contacting them for info?
I have it in my cart right now and it's $55 for the regulator, shipping is about $14 so it ends up totaling to ~$70.

Also, here's the link to all the other regulators they have available right now: http://www.labrecyclers.com/category.html?CategoryID=47

There might be some more goodies for people to snatch up! :icon_smil

My only problem with the site really is all of the vague descriptions on the items, but other than that it looks like it can be a good place to grab regulators for a bit cheaper than normal.

Looks alright, just ask them if it is a dual stage. I am pretty sure they may have got the model number wrong. It looks like a 253.
The description shows that it has an outlet gauge: 0-30 psi and an inlet gauge: 0-4000 psi. If I'm correct in my assumptions, shouldn't this mean that it's a two stage regulator? Maybe I should contact them just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
That has nothing to do with whether it is 2 stage or 1 stage.. any regulator can have any gauges put on it....

Or maybe you are confusing stages with gauges. This is one of the most common, deadliest deception for regulators

A regulator with 2 gauges does NOT mean that it is 2 stage. That is COMPLETELY different. ANY single stage regulator could have 2 gauges on it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That has nothing to do with whether it is 2 stage or 1 stage.. any regulator can have any gauges put on it....

Or maybe you are confusing stages with gauges. This is one of the most common, deadliest deception for regulators

A regulator with 2 gauges does NOT mean that it is 2 stage. That is COMPLETELY different. ANY single stage regulator could have 2 gauges on it.
Woops, looks like I should have researched more, heh. In any case, I sent them an email to confirm whether or not it's dual or single. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep looms just like my 253 but you cant see if it has the hump on the back which is the tell tale sign of a DSR. If they get back to you and it checks out you may have found yourself a nice rig.

You should put the concoa 202 in your basket and see how much that beast is...
Awesome, keeping my fingers crossed.

As for the Concoa 202 it's listed as $230... A little out of my price range and I'm not quite sure if that's still a good deal :hihi:

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
I came across lab recycles a while ago, actually the lab recycles is a Evil bay base liquidator as well.
Just like the beverage elements, they have their website but they also selling on Evil bay.

LabX is another source you can find the regulators, and much more.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well the Concoa 212 series regs are $350 new (I just bought one) so $230 is not such a great price for a used product. Have you tried to see if they would haggle? My guess is they are getting this stuff from these investor funded bio research companies that "never found a cure" so they would be buying this stuff for pennies on the dollar when the business was being liquidated.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If the photo is of the actual regulator that is for sale I wouldn't get it. The outlet pressure range is much greater than is optimum for our uses. You would barely be able to tell the difference between 10 and 15 psi, and that is a big difference for an aquarium regulator. I always look for a regulator that lets me easily adjust the outlet pressure between 10 and 30 psi, with accuracy. You can't just replace the gauge either, because a lower pressure gauge would be ruined easily if you accidentally set the outlet pressure too high.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts