The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently had 2 berried females in my tank - a CRS and a Blue Bolt. Both released the eggs. I noticed that two of the shrimplets are black + white. My question is this - could the fry be crystal blacks ( although I don't have any CBS in my tank), or are they perhaps panda taiwan bee from the blue bolt female ( as my girlfriend noticed that the blue bolt female mated with a blue bolt male , and I know most TB breeders keep them mixed, and, for example, you can get other colours from a BB + BB mix). Not sure about this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depends on the pattern when you say black and white. CRS can throw CBS if the line is not a true PRL line. If at any point the CRS came from a CRSxCBS mating the offspring can be either for a few generations. Have a search for breeding guides online. There's a chart out there somewhere that shows the generation lines etc and what the likely hood of color will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok thanks. I've been breeding shrimp for almost two years now but never had this happen before ( although this shrimplet is from a new line I obtained recently. The pattern SEEMS to be Mosura by the way, but they're still way too small to properly say :/ So CRS + CRS can actually throw CBS ? Thanks for the info as I really wasn't aware of this !

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Ah ok thanks. I've been breeding shrimp for almost two years now but never had this happen before ( although this shrimplet is from a new line I obtained recently. The pattern SEEMS to be Mosura by the way, but they're still way too small to properly say :/ So CRS + CRS can actually throw CBS ? Thanks for the info as I really wasn't aware of this !

CRS can throw CBS, CRS, and Golden.
CBS can throw CBS, CRS, and Golden.

PRL will only throw PRL.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I thought CRSxCRS only resulted in CRS since the red color is recessive?

It is quite possible that shrimp with the CBS appearance are Blue Bolt/CRS hybrids. I also never had CBS until I got Taiwan Bees and bred some hybrids.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought CRSxCRS only resulted in CRS since the red color is recessive?

It is quite possible that shrimp with the CBS appearance are Blue Bolt/CRS hybrids. I also never had CBS until I got Taiwan Bees and bred some hybrids.

That would depend on the Crs, if you have a Crs that's parents were CRSxCBS then that Crs carries the CBS genetics. I was trying to find a chart that shows it more clearly but I'll have to keep searching.

This was kind of helpful

Discussion of Taiwan Bees / Selective Breeding
http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/f...iscussion-of-Taiwan-Bees---Selective-Breeding

·
Registered
48 Posts

Can you share a photo of the shrimp? It could well be a mischling, BBxCRS carrying both genes. Best way to tell would be cross it back with BB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.