The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help with with figuring out the PPM Calcium and dGH with the following:

Adding 210grams CaCl2*2h2o into 500ml RO. Then dosing 1ml into 1 gallon.

What will the resulting PPM of Calcium be? What about dGH?

I used a fert calculator which came up with:
Compound/PPM
Ca/30.239
Cl/53.5
dGH/4.22

Is this correct? It seems the dGH is about double what is should be? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've noticed some wierd stuff with yet another nutrient calc. I think it has to do with how they calculate dgh. Using CaO equivalent in ppm would get you close to that number. Using CaCO3 is 17.8 ppm. I'm at a loss with the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
You must be working with Happi lol. He asked about Calcium Chloride not Calcium Chloride Dihydrate.

This is the result you should get. The dGH constant for CaCl2.2H2O is wrong on Wet's calculator. I just made an edit. He will post it when he sees it. That's why the dGH was off.

Ca 30.2477
Cl 53.5142
dGH 1.6993

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
You must be working with Happi lol. He asked about Calcium Chloride not Calcium Chloride Dihydrate.

This is the result you should get. The dGH constant for CaCl2.2H2O is wrong on Wet's calculator. I just made an edit. He will post it when he sees it. That's why the dGH was off.

Ca 30.2477
Cl 53.5142
dGH 1.6993

all the confusion started due to Dihydrate lol but thanks for helping us out, we hope to keep the final GH booster confidential.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Wet finally got around to merging the change I made for the GH issue with CaCl2.2H2O. It should be correct now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts