The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you pay them on monday morning, and pay for overnight shipping, how long should it be before i receive them? what carrier do they usually use? i thought it is USPS. i haven't received any email or anything. just wondering. thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
You have to pay them before the Friday before. They ship on Monday. My order was attempted to be delivered on Thursday, but there was a problem, so USPS came back Friday.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i guess it didn't count for this week, and i should receive them a week from today? that's what it sounds like.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
You paid them yesterday? They'll ship out next Monday and you should get it Wednesday or Thursday of next week...that's what I think will happen, anyways. Don't quote me on it.

USPS Express is not guaranteed to be overnight. It's guaranteed 2-day delivery. But most of the time, it gets there overnight.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, i paid them late sunday night. maybe even at like 1am on monday. so yes, monday. then i guess we're in assumption that i should get them next week sometime. thats good then. i can prepare. i wasn't really prepared to get them this week anyway. after reading lynn's thread about her new 120-p and patience thing, i feel alot better.. phew.

·
Registered
408 Posts
USPS Express is not guaranteed to be overnight. It's guaranteed 2-day delivery. But most of the time, it gets there overnight.
Right, Nick..but keep in mind that ASW is in Singapore, so the express only goes into effect once it reaches the states. And that's if the phytosanitary certificate is intact and the plants aren't halted, or worse, removed at customs. Hopefully you won't wind up with an empty box at your doorstep.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would they cover it if i did?

·
Registered
408 Posts
would they cover it if i did?
Dane, I had a very poor experience with them, but in the end, they really did come through. My shipment arrived without the certificate, so yes, I got an empty box. They resent it and I got mush. They resent it again and I didn't get anything that I ordered, it was all substituted. After much fighting and gnashing of teeth, I finally got my refund. I know they really do try, and Ben is actually quite a nice person, but I personally won't be doing anymore overseas purchases again.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
50% DOA/mush and no refund or offered either - and I won't do business with them again.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Right, Nick..but keep in mind that ASW is in Singapore, so the express only goes into effect once it reaches the states. And that's if the phytosanitary certificate is intact and the plants aren't halted, or worse, removed at customs. Hopefully you won't wind up with an empty box at your doorstep.
Yep. You're right. My order had to pass through USDA first, then once it left there, it travelled to ASW's trans-shipper in WA. From there, it was sent via Express to me.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow. i made a pretty large order and now i'm about to crap myself. i hate hearing all the bad comments, but i'm glad to know.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I actually had a good experience with them. They left out one of the plants I ordered because it got damaged and didn't tell me about it (I had to email), but the others arrived safely and in good shape. :)

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
All due respect to danepatrick, and I am not trying to incite anything:

when you pay them on monday morning, and pay for overnight shipping, how long should it be before i receive them? what carrier do they usually use? i thought it is USPS. i haven't received any email or anything. just wondering. thank you for your time
Isn't that a question you should have asked them before you placed your order instead of asking membership here after you placed your order? Seems to me that would have been the best way to avoid any misunderstandings and insure you got what you want when you wanted it.

As consumers, we have to be savvy and learn to ask those questions before they become an issue. This applies to plants, electronics and other things.

Mike

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i understand. i guess i just need/wanted reassurance about what i had done.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
We have all been there, danepatrick! :icon_wink I am with you!

I am sure everything will work out for you!

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a good experience with them. I ordered by the Friday deadline and I got them the next Saturday. The plants landed in Seattle and I'm in portland, so I just got normal shipping. However, normal shipping isn't guaranteed for replacement. FYI.

In order to pass customs, they bag the plants in Singapore. So they are in a bag from the Mon/Tue they are shipped till you get them. Not so good for delicate species, but good enough for most. If you check out my thread in my signature, I show how they package and such.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i took a peak at your thread. thanks for that teuton.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do you guys ever go on Aqua Bid.

Look at the feed back for these guys on there. It is not too good. And judging by my experience with them I can see why. I am not happy with what happened to me. I wasted $49.00. There is just too much that can go wrong with over sees shipments and the vendor is not willing to take care of a problem when there is one. He would rather blame the customer even when it is his fault! So, once bitten!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Aquaspot used to have some problems due to delays at customs. They switched carriers in January 2007 to an overseas carrier who is familiar with shipping perishable items, and will help to insure that packages will not be held up by the USDA for more than 2 days at the most. Packages should ship Monday, arrive on Tuesday, then be released and sent to the transhipper on the same day, or Wednesday at the latest. The trans shipper should get them Wednesday or Thursday. If you asked for overnight shipping on Aquaspot when you place your order, you should then receive your order on Thursday or Friday. Make sure someone is there to sign for the package. If no one is there, the carrier won't leave it, and you'll extend the shipping time by an extra day (or more, if no one continues to be available when the carrier arrives).

(That's something I have major personal gripes over... if I order anything and pay for overnight shipping, but the package requires a signature, then if I miss the doorbell when the carrier arrives, that means I just paid for overnight shipping, but didn't receive my package overnight.)

The colder weather helps a lot for keeping the plants viable.

Some species hold up much better to overseas shipping than others.

Ask anyone who sells aquarium plants professionally and orders large shipments from suppliers in Singapore, losing 30% - 50% of your order due to extended shipping time is quite normal. If you really want to make sure you get the numbers of plants you want, you should order around twice as much as you really want.

You also might want to look into ordering from a seller in the USA. If you're looking for many of the rarer plants and variety that Aqua Spot offers, try Aquadise. I believe he's in Texas. If you're after something specific and don't see it, try messaging him. Another alternative is Lowcoaster on Aquabid... again if you don't see what you want or he doesn't advertise the quantities you are after, try messaging or e-mail them.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i've since contacted ASW and have asked them to refund my money. i will try going through another supplier. i hope they fall through. :icon_frow :icon_frow :icon_frow

1 - 20 of 26 Posts