The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fertilizer is an equal parts mix by weight of potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, nutritrace CSM + boron, and magnesium sulfate. If I follow the dosing from the stickied dosing regime post, for a 29gallon with CO2 which is;

20~40gal
50% H20 change-weekly
1/4 Tsp-KN03 3x a week
1/16 Tsp-KH2P04 3x aweek
1/2 Tsp-GH booster once a week
5ml or 1/16Tsp-Trace 3x a week
Optional
1-2ml-Fe/Iron 3x a week

I would not be able to follow this regime when using the micro, macro nutrient mix correct because it's premixed. Would ordering compounds separately be better?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dose everthing separately but I'm not going to tell you it's better. What's better is what you think is good. It looks like the CSM+B has your Fe which is important. Your mix seems a little odd to me because it has Magnesium Sulfate but it does not have KH2PO4. They're putting in a GH boosting compound while leaving out an important macro in a macro mix. It does make it a little hard to follow the sticky. If you like premixed, I would get a mix for GH and a separate NPK mix for Macros and keep using the CSM+B. It seems like a lot of mixes but you alternate the days you use the mixes and the GH booster is just once a week.
Thank you so much for responding! I've been researching fertilizers for a while now and find a lot of varying information. It's difficult to know where to begin! I've already ordered the maco/micro mix, when I run out/if I get tired of it; I'll go ahead and order everything separately. With your recommendation I'm going to pick up some KH2PO4 and a GH booster dose separately with the premix. And your response has me leaning toward dosing everything separately, do you feel that you have more control this way?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.