The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
628 Posts
I dose everthing separately but I'm not going to tell you it's better. What's better is what you think is good. It looks like the CSM+B has your Fe which is important. Your mix seems a little odd to me because it has Magnesium Sulfate but it does not have KH2PO4. They're putting in a GH boosting compound while leaving out an important macro in a macro mix. It does make it a little hard to follow the sticky. If you like premixed, I would get a mix for GH and a separate NPK mix for Macros and keep using the CSM+B. It seems like a lot of mixes but you alternate the days you use the mixes and the GH booster is just once a week.

·
Banned
628 Posts
Definitely get that KH2PO4 if you don't have enough PO4. It's one of the three macros. I have never used a mix but would really like the convenience. It would be great to be able to just shoot in 5 ml of a macro dose on macro days. It's not like I'm proud of micromanaging every dose. You shouldn't have to do that. It's sort of a fail. You could compromise. You could make your own macro dosing solutions. There could be one with more Nitrate and one with more Phosphate depending which way you need to go and then you give it a double shot for front loading. Right now I'm using KHCO3 to raise Alkalinty so my dosing solutions would not need Potassium. The GH booster you get will probably have Potassium if you don't mix your own. If I could own only two tests they would be for Nitrate and Phosphate. Those are the two you can switch up. The deep end of the pool gets pretty deep. Do you want to micro manage your seven micros? Some people do. It makes you feel like an idiot to see how they can control their plants' colors the way they do. Dance plant! Dance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.