The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I don't do this anymore
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting more of this expensive magic dirt. Picking some up locally tomorrow morning.

How do I put in in the tank and fill the tank without blackening the water? I ran water through it before, and it blackened the water. How do I prevent this? Will appreciate a quick answer.

Thank you so much fellas!!

·
Banned
2,269 Posts
Throw a grocery bag or some newspaper over your soil/scape. Fill the tank very slowly with an airline tubing. Take the bag or newspaper out. Disturbing the soil will make the tank cloudy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got the bag it came in, a cup,and a siphon. I had water in a bucket and I siphoned the water to the tank into the cup, which was on top of the bag, which was on top of the substrate. It might of been a bit overkill, but my water was clear in probably 30 minutes...

·
Registered
140 Posts
What we usually do is cover as much of the soil as possible with plastic bags and pour water into a bowl or a plate.

You can also poke small holes into a plastic bag, stick a hose into the bag and let the water seep through the holes. That shouldn't cause too much agitation on the soil either.

Good luck! :proud:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts