The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just bought two heaters for my two nano tanks. Unfortunately the only heater I could find in any of several local stores was this junior preset heater. On the package it says to unplug heater if water excededs 82 degrees but, I assume that's just a warning in case of failure.

My question is does anyone know if these junior heaters actually shut off or do they stay on with low power constantly? It doesn't say anything about a thermostat or what temperature it's preset to regulate at. Im starting to regret my purchase and Im beginning to think that this pos heater just stays on constantly and doesn't regulate at all. Which means that if I wake up and forget to unplug it my water temperature could easily rise past 85 degrees and kill everything, no?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Must be a preset temp. And there's no way a heater isn't thermostatted or there would be the possibility of overheat. Who's the manufacturer?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my point though, I think it's like the terrarium heaters where they stay on constantly at a low power setting. Manufacturer, just says junior heater. . . It was only $6. I just didn't want to spend $30 on two heaters for two tiny tanks but, looks like I might have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts