The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m getting set up for a new planted tank and got excited and ordered some moss and red root floaters off of Amazon because the shipping time was like 3 weeks. The plants showed up 4 days later. My aquarium stand won’t be here for another week… so I’m trying to keep said plants alive until I can set up their home. I have a small plastic tub set up with a heater in a window for light.
After a day or so it formed a nice little biofilm and started to smell swampy. I’ve been doing 25% water changes and I just tossed in an air stone which took care of the swampy smell… but the floaters are looking a little limp. Any other suggestions? I could dose with liquid CO2 or pop out and buy some liquid ferts…

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
You probably don't need the heater unless the tub is getting into the lower 60s / upper 50s.

If you plants are in pots you don't need fertilizer, if they are not in pots then definitely put some liquid fertilizer in there. Also you might want to pull them out and remove any dead or decaying leaves (if you have any, crypts are especially prone to melting when stressed).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just loose moss and floaters, thank goodness! The house gets down into the 50s at night. 😥 I’ll grab some fertilizer then! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts