The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size quarantine tank(s) do you guys run? I'd like to have a large enough tank that could quarantine three dozen smaller tetras at a time, and I am unsure what size tank I should get for that, or if I should get multiple smaller quarantine tanks. Input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
There's no one answer as every situation is going to be different.

Right now, I'm not transitioning anything larger than tetras or corys--and then only in small single batches, so a 10g is ideal and 5g would work. But, since I have the room and wanted something to have around to hold excess plants, toss my cull shrimp and house some aging neons I went ahead and set up a 20g and a 2.5g. They're both running stocked and planted but nothing I can't afford to lose if a new fish or plant brings trouble into the house.

When I'm ready to set up my 125, I'll be transitioning multiple batches of all sorts of fish and--given how I plan to source 'em--potentially having to hold populations in multiple stages. I'll be setting up at least two 40g, two to four 20g and probably all four of my 10g, with a stack of 2.5g ready to hand just in case as I expect to be adding fish gradually over a course of 6 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.