The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep on breaking this. Got replacement with Lee's brand but Lee's thing is crap. If you are the one who use this, there is a small screw kinda thing that attaches the pump.

Question:- Is there anything made of metal that can be used to replace plastic part. Picture will give you idea, tho' its not mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do you need the faucet not just to initiate the siphon but to keep the water flowing? If not, then start the siphon without this piece and stick the end of the hose in the sink or out a window, etc. When you go to fill the tank, screw the hose to the faucet directly. It's not as easy to adjust temps this way, but if you know your faucet well enough, it works just fine. I might even make the argument that the python works better without this (at least in my experience with my tanks)...

If you need this part, look for water bed fill kits and you'll find a cheaper alternative to python or Lee's.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this thread...way back dated What I need is the metal replacement for the little funnel piece shaped thing pictured in fig. 1.

Water bed fill kits is also good alternative.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Instead, I just dump the hose out the window, door, or into a the tub or floor drain(or even the sump in some of the houses i use. Then it ends up in the yard again).

Then I screw into the sink using a metal sink to garden hose adapter.

I quit spending money on those veuntri pieces a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Mine broke in the exact same place as the OP's and I looked up the price to replace it and laughed. There was no way I was going to spend that much money for it to just break again. So I did what OverStocked did. The faucet adapter cost me $3 I believe. I reused the python hose to save money.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Get a waterbed drain/fill venturi to replace the spendy name brand one that broke.

Get a gas siphon kit with the hand pump starter and hook up some additional tubing to reach outside.

Bring back the bucket brigade.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are not getting me. I'm asking is there anything that is made of metal in this thread in figure 1. which is funnel piece shaped. right hand side upper portion...only.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You guys are not getting me. I'm asking is there anything that is made of metal in this thread in figure 1. which is funnel piece shaped. right hand side upper portion...only.
No there isn't and that us why we gave you the most logical responses for real solutions.

The only option you have is to have a piece machined.

If you make that part metal, then "pump" below it will be the part to break.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It looks like you need additional hose to give you enough slack that you don't snap it while stretching to reach. Lots of people use these for years without issue.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Petco sells individual ones of just the adapters to the sink. They're blue.
i have a blue one, and i think its just a little bit stronger than the green one.
BTW dont waste your time going to physical stores looking for a water bed fill and drain kit, i did and got a lot of crazy looks. Long story short no one in the N.E. carried the pump in any stores anywhere. i went to lowes, hd, target, walmart, 2 mattress stores, jc penny.... i wound up getting it from amazon fairly cheaply.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.