The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question about the Python water change system. Here in the deep south, our water gets very warm in the summer. I would say the "cold" water side is between 80-85 degrees in august. My tank is normally between 75-77 degrees depending. Normally when I do my water changes, I add ice to the bucket to get the temp down to where I need it.

My question is, if I were to use the python, how much would the temp difference affect my tank? Since the python claims to aerate the water, would this bring the temperature down some?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I do not have a python, but i do leave in Texas and i have the same problem. When i do my water changes it raises the temp i would have 2-3 degrees and i keep my tank at around 76 degrees. This is with a 50% WC. I am not sure about the second part of the question, but i think you would be ok with with just the temp raising a few degrees

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the same problem in NC when getting water from the regular faucets, but for some reason my upstairs bathtub puts it out a bit cooler so during the hottest stretch I tend to drain with the python and fill with buckets.

If that doesn't work, then maybe try using the python and some ice chilled water to reach the set point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts