The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into get in a school of Pygmy Corys for my 10 gal to help clean up after feedings and dislodge debris from the upcoming Hc carpet and my stems. The 2213 that I'm running does not seem to be cutting it when it comes to getting stuff out of my Cabomba. I've got 1 Powder- Blue Dwarf Gourami and 7 Neons. Are the Pygmies compatible with the latter? How much waste do they pump out of they're little bodies? I'm willing to start doing water changes a little more often to keep the nitrates down from the Pygmies.
Oh, I'm also going to get some Cherry red shrimp in the next month or two, so the will have to be compatible with shrimp too.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have a school of 8 in my Mini-L for over a year and they're awesome. They're tiny, so the bioload is pretty minimal. They're as peaceful as it gets. I have them with microrasboras (smaller than neon tetras), so you'll have no problems there. Your RCS will be fine as well. They leave my CRS alone.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are you looking to get the habrosus kind? If you can find them please let me know. The 2 largest LFSs around here haven't had them in stock in MONTHS :confused1:

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I'll be getting some Pygmy corys then. How many would you recommend? I know this is kind of off subject but will my Gourami eat some of the RCS's when I get them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have pygmy's in with my RCS and they do fine together. However I had some nickel sized angels in with the RCS for a week and they decimated the juvenile shrimp population. A gourami is very similar to angels so I would have some definite concern there.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have Pygmys, RCS, Amanos and Espei Rasboras. No problems so far and my substrate is spotless while my HC grows in. They don't disturb fragile carpets either. :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have 5 in a 12 gallon Eclipse w/ small Amanos and I never saw them go after the micro fish pellets or even the Azoo or HIkari pellets. I've bought them 2 weeks ago and never see them really eat anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts