The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tank I am working on currently is intended to house a nice size group of Pygmy Corys. I am aware that the larger Corys will flatten out any slope that I build but am unsure about the Pygmys. I intend to plant heavily in ADA aquasoil. As far as design goes, I intend to use stones to terrace the soil. Planning a large sandy area up front for them. I assume I should allow the plants to get a foothold before introducing the fish so as to help prevent erosion. Am I overlooking anything? Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My understanding from my own research is that pygmies do not spend much time rooting through the substrate, compared to other corys.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have sterbai and if they are 'flattening' out the landscape it isn't fast enough to off set the holes the pleco keep digging.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Pygmy Corys spend the majority of their time swimming/schooling and resting on plants. Actually seeing them rummage through the sand is not an often occurence. If anything they just chill on the ground if they are down there. They certainly do not burrow their face like other larger Corys.
I don't think they would be too much of a problem for your substrate slope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts