The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in a group of cory a week ago.. one of them had SLIGHTLY bigger jaws like a pig's Jowls.. if that makes sense. I thought about pulling it but them thought it might be a defect as it was slight. and it was acting normal. Every other part of it was normal looking. Well this afternoon watching them feed.. I saw this cory again and suddenly much more of it is "bloated" looking. Pretty sure it wasn't like this a day or so ago. I netted it and have it in a quarantine.. put some blanched pea in there.. and paragard.. and some aquarium salt. but not sure what else to do/start.. tried to get a pic but not good so far. All blurry. So far in QT it will float on it's back a lot ..
but if I move the container it's in it will swim down for a bit.
Ok now it's right side up on the bottom of QT.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
For internal problems and constipation, try a 10 minute Epsom salts bath. 1 teaspoon in 1 gallon water.
If your fish starts to float, it is probably on its way out.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it went from floating upside down to where I'd think it was dead.. to spending time normal side up on the bottom of the qt (which would be normal position for a pygmy)..
but when I got home LATE last night it was gone..

Well I think it was something to do with the swim bladder. When I got home late last night, it was gone.. so I cut it open.. but before that looking at it, underneath, the "neck" area well just under the mouth down.. was almost clear.. and when I cut it open there was a pretty big like empty cavity (like expanded much larger than normal. Kinda hard looking at a fish that's a little over 1/2" long but that's what it looked like. Which might account for the slightly swollen "neck" at first? then suddenly the major mid section swelling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.