The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple pics of my little troops.
Probably have about 15 they are so cute
Arguing over micro territory for parking lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn neons photobombing

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have 6 in a 4 gallon tank. All I do is feed them and they spawn about every other month.

When you do a water change drop the temp a couple degrees with the new water, it simulates a rain storm/influx of new water as during their rainy season/spawning season.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do water changes quite often but its a community tank with ghost shrimp as well.
Unknown if there will be fry and if they would survive.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 6 in a 4 gallon tank. All I do is feed them and they spawn about every other month.

When you do a water change drop the temp a couple degrees with the new water, it simulates a rain storm/influx of new water as during their rainy season/spawning season.
Still waiting hopefully for baby cats nothing yet. Several water changes since.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do they need sand or rock to be happy? i just bought two for my planted tank where there isn't much bare substrate. I'm also just using regular fish flakes and worried whether they will be able to compete with my guppies for those. I have algae wafers but my guppies tend to find them too. i am pretty sure some food will make its way to the substrate but i dont want to overfeed

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine absolutely adore sinking food sticks.
To facilitate this without making a mess in the substrate I bought a bunch of cheap glass Petri dishes in the international market place (have many tanks) the lids are about 60mm the dishes themselves slightly smaller and use the lids as dishes to keep the food from disentigrating and dropping into the substrate.
Works great or it would if my 2 prego fancy guppies would stop ripping everything to bits lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
So how do you make sure your corys can compete against the guppies?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just put enough in there that there's plenty for all.
The 2 psycho guppies will eat leftovers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts