The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Honestly.... if you are going to retro expensive MH bulbs you might as well build your own pendants out of wood so they don't look like whatever "That" is... :confused: :confused:

Even if you painted the PVC I couldn't imagine it looking any better... it would just look like painted PVC with a few hundred $$$ of lighting in it... kinda like buying a DVD/LCD for a $3000 GEO

Spend the $30 for the wood and do it right.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
See where they've attached the reflector to the PVC with bolts? Put a spacer on the bolts to separate the reflector from the PVC a bit. The air gap will help keep the PVC cool.

dissident said:
Honestly.... if you are going to retro expensive MH bulbs you might as well build your own pendants out of wood so they don't look like whatever "That" is... :confused: :confused:
LOL! I don't think it looks *that* bad, and with a decent black paint job it would look pretty good. If you must have the wood look, you could always steam some veneer and glue it to the PVC. Or even some wood-patterned contact paper. No one is going to notice, they'll be too busy looking at the tank. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies, I will try with both wood and PVC. I think a PVC pendant might look rather nice :icon_roll Cheers
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts